Strength For Life
Keeping you in shape, on your feet and independent
You may have heard of these popular classes for over 50s (over 40s if indigenous).
They are aimed at maintaining and improving strength into older age, with an individual program tailored to you, completed in a class setting and also involving some group balance exercises to prevent falls.
Falls can be devastating to the independence and health of older people, and can easily result in fractures, complications and even death.
So many falls are preventable, and exercise makes a huge difference to an individual's risk of falls.
There are many risk factors for falls (and injury from falls) in older people, such as:
- Urinary tract infection
- Living alone
- Using a walking aid
- Uneven walking surfaces in the house
- Urgency for the toilet
- Decreased vision
- History of previous falls
- Can't get up from the floor unassisted
- No plan for what happens in case of a fall
Perhaps you know someone who would benefit from attending Strength for Life classes? Perhaps it's you?
Get the ball rolling by completing our basic paperwork, which indicates whether or not doctor's approval is required to begin, then attend an initial assessment to get a program made (cost $45).
- Ongoing classes are $10 per class or included with gym membership.
- Classes are held on Tuesdays at 10am and Sundays at 10:15am!
- Give us a call on 0401 118 962 to get started!
Join people just like you as we bring the fun and the fitness!
Operating 24 Hours